Saturday, 27 June 2020
Tuesday, 16 June 2020
Wednesday, 3 June 2020
* The fast fashion industry produces 1 billion garments annually
* It emits 1.2 billion tons of CO2 equivalent per year
* It is responsible for producing 20% of global wastewater
* The fast fashion industry uses more than 80 billion cubic metres of freshwater
* Production of textiles uses about 2500 different chemicals
* Cotton is one of the most resource-intensive crops out there
* 63% of clothes are made from petrochemicals
* The fast fashion industry produces 97% of our clothes overseas
* 85% of the 40 million women working in the fast fashion industry suffer mental, physical and sexual abuse on the workplce, with long hours and low pay.
* The fast fashion industry also employs children.
* Working conditions are extremely dangerous. In 2013 the collapse of the Rana Plaza in Bangladesh killed more than 1100 workers.
* The fashion industry produces around 100 million tons of waste with 85% of our clothes ending up in a landfill.
* Fast fashion is a huge contributor to plastic pollution.
* Around 1 million tons of microfibres end up in the ocean every year.
* Only 1% of textile waste is truly recycled. With current technologies, it would take 12 years to recycle what the fast fashion industry creates in just 48 hours.
Tuesday, 2 June 2020
Dear Eco Market fans! As you know, the special Earth Day Eco Market event will not be taking place as planned in Gzira. Instead, ...
Today our feature presents the beautiful new trend of pre-loved items.So, o ut with the new, in with the old! Eco-friendly products can eas...
Just two weeks ago, our lives were proceeding in their own usual way. We were working, travelling, making plans, meeting friends, going sho...