Saturday, 27 June 2020
Tuesday, 16 June 2020
Wednesday, 3 June 2020
* The fast fashion industry produces 1 billion garments annually
* It emits 1.2 billion tons of CO2 equivalent per year
* It is responsible for producing 20% of global wastewater
* The fast fashion industry uses more than 80 billion cubic metres of freshwater
* Production of textiles uses about 2500 different chemicals
* Cotton is one of the most resource-intensive crops out there
* 63% of clothes are made from petrochemicals
* The fast fashion industry produces 97% of our clothes overseas
* 85% of the 40 million women working in the fast fashion industry suffer mental, physical and sexual abuse on the workplce, with long hours and low pay.
* The fast fashion industry also employs children.
* Working conditions are extremely dangerous. In 2013 the collapse of the Rana Plaza in Bangladesh killed more than 1100 workers.
* The fashion industry produces around 100 million tons of waste with 85% of our clothes ending up in a landfill.
* Fast fashion is a huge contributor to plastic pollution.
* Around 1 million tons of microfibres end up in the ocean every year.
* Only 1% of textile waste is truly recycled. With current technologies, it would take 12 years to recycle what the fast fashion industry creates in just 48 hours.
Tuesday, 2 June 2020
On 22 April (Earth Day) 2015, a total of 175 countries (out of 195) agreed to join the Paris Agreement as a commitment to reduce their emiss...
If you are reading this, thank a teacher :) Indeed we have many reasons to be grateful for teachers. They show support, kindness, great dedi...
If there was ever a time that could push us towards positive change, then this is definitely it! This year we all had our share of fear and ...